The active ingredient in FLiPPER is distilled off following the process used to make extra virgin olive oil, so it comes from a natural and sustainable source. It’s compatible with beneficial insects and pollinators, and is also an effective resistance management tool for growers looking to reduce their use of conventional pesticides.
- Delivers broad spectrum control of foliar pests
- Compatible with beneficial insects and pollinators
- Leaves no residues – and no harvest intervals
- Active ingredient comes from natural and sustainable sources
- Controls multiple life stages of key pests
- Glasshouse whitefly (Trialeurodes vaporariorum)
- Tobacco whitefly (Bemisia tabaci)
- Woolly whitefly (Aleurothrixus fl occosus)
- Peach potato aphid (Myzus persicae)
- Potato aphid (Macrosiphum euphorbiae)
- Two-spotted spider mite (Tetranychus urticae)
- Cotton or melon aphid (Aphis gossypii)
- Western flower thrips (Frankliniella occidentalis)*
- Onion thrips (Thrips tabaci)*
- Glasshouse mealybug (Pseudococcus calceolariae)*
- Long tailed mealybug (Pseudococcus longispinus)*
- Citrus mealybug (Planococcus citri)*
- Leafhopper (Hauptidia maroccana)*
Many of these pests can also transmit other diseases, including viruses, while feeding on the plant, so pose a further danger to crops.
FLiPPER is effective at all stages of an insect’s lifecycle. FLiPPER kills pests swiftly through its physical mode of action. Death is by suffocation and usually takes place over a period of 24 hours.
- The raw material used to make FLiPPER has been evaluated by the EU regulatory authorities as being a ‘Food Grade’ standard.
- FLiPPER targets leaf-sucking pests, but tests have found that it can also help to control powdery mildew when applied in accordance with the label.
- FLiPPER is a contact-acting insecticide, apply in a volume of water that delivers good coverage to ensure pests are targeted effectively.
- This is normally 400–1,000 litres per hectare for smaller plants (such as strawberries) and 1,000–1,600 litres per hectare for larger plants with dense foliage (such as tomatoes).
Below are the results of a study that assessed FLiPPER’s impact on a range of natural predators and parasites*.
- FLiPPER can be applied through boom or power sprayers, as well as handheld equipment, like knapsack sprayers.
- Thoroughly wash and clean the spray tank before adding FLiPPER.
- If foaming occurs when mixing the product, an anti-foam agent can be added.
- The maximum individual dose is16 litres of product per hectare, with a maximum concentrate of 1.6 litres per 100 litres of water.
- Recommended application rate 1 - 1.6 litres per 100 litres of water.
- Ensure full crop coverage for best results.
- Do not store diluted product,apply prepared spray immediately.
- Consider using the maximum concentration rate (1.6l per 100l water) for improved control of spider mites on smaller crops, like strawberries.
- Best results using FLiPPER are achieved during warm, fast drying conditions. An ideal time for spraying crops is early in the morning to allow the plants to dry as temperatures rise.
- Avoid spraying during high temperature, to reduce the risk of crops scorch.
- FLiPPER is less eff ective ifused at low temperatures(below 10ºC).
- Ideally mix FLiPPER with soft water or collected rainwater.If you have hard water, see the technical notes for advice on preparing the product to achieve the best results.
- FLiPPER is physically compatible with a wide range of formulated products, so you can tank mix it with other pesticides (see the technical notes for more guidance).
- Store FLiPPER in its original container at an ambient temperature in a dry place.
- If it’s stored below 10ºC, crystallisation may occur. But this doesn’t damage FLiPPER and the crystallisation will disappear when the product is warmed up.
- Use prepared sprays straightaway and don’t store diluted product.
- FLiPPER has a shelf life of over two years.
Active ingredient : 479.8 g/l fatty acids C7-C20
Formulation type : An emulsion in water (EW)
Application Method : Foliar spray
Application Rate : 16l product per hectare with a maximum concentrate
of 1.6l per 100l water.
Crops : Tomatoes, cucumbers and strawberries (Permanent protection with full enclosure)
Control : Whitefly, aphids, spider mites and other pests, including thrips
Pack Size : 10 litres