TEC-BOM has a powerful contact mode of action. Once contacted TEC-BOM will desiccate a pest’s exoskeleton. This desiccation will then lead to suﬀocation and dehydration, ultimately leading to pest death.
TEC-BOM is approved for the control of whiteﬂy in tomatoes, aubergine, chilli and pepper under permanent protection full enclosure.
Why use TEC-BOM
- Contains no animal fats
- Excellent activity against whitefly
- Dissolves the exoskeleton of soft bodied pests, by altering cell membranes causing death by suffocation and dehydration
- Leaves no chemical residues
- Acceptable in organic production (subject to certification body approval)
- Wetting and cleansing effect
- Crop architecture and pest behaviours can inﬂuence contact of the pest.
- TEC-BOM is labelled for the control of whiteﬂy, both Trialeurodes vaporariorum and Bemisia tabaci
- Wider trials have shown that TEC-BOM has a broad spectrum of activity on a range of soft bodied pest such as; whiteﬂy, aphids, mites and psylla.
- TEC-BOM will not oﬀer a significant control of lepidopteran spp. and beetles
- TEC-BOM is a fatty acid from food grade vegetable products
- High physical and chemical stability, no multiphase emulsion
- Genuine pesticidal soap, activity not due to co-formulants
- Eﬀective against soft bodied pests
- A soft soap, very soft on the plant
For more product information or to find out how you could include TEC-BOM as part of your IPM programme, please contact the Technical Team on 01903 256856 or email email@example.com.